WAPULEC, being an acronym comprised of “WAter”, “PUlse” and “eLECtricity” stands for a novel method and device of water treatment. The technology provides oxidation of pollutants with active oxidant species, such as hydroxyl radical, atomic oxygen, and ozone, produced by gas-phase pulsed electric discharge directly on the surface of treated water in air or oxygen atmosphere.
- Disinfection and purification of surface water, removal of algae and humic substances, such as the trihalomethanes precursors, pesticides and pathogens.
- Treatment of groundwater with excessive content of iron, manganese and natural organic matter.
- High oxidation efficiency widens the application area to the treatment of wastewaters in which ozone cannot be used for its high cost.
- WAPULEC technology is used to remove organic pollutants, which cannot be removed by biological treatment, toxic and refractory substances.
- Efficient disinfection of surface water, water from swimming pools and preliminary treated waste water
Air conditioning – deodoration, removal of volatile organic compounds.
PCD in combination with wet stripping is a perspective tool for the removal of NOx and SOx from flue gases.